For Samoan handicrafts, people generally use whatever they have close at hand to create imaginative, decorative objects.
During this free, 1 hour workshop, Run To Paradise founder Mel will teach you how to create a stylish, luggage tag using items from around your home and easy, Samoan-inspired stitching techniques.
While the style magic of Run To Paradise comes from a deep sense of fun and nostalgia, there are also modern, urban elements from life in Australia. Obsessed with vintage souvenirs, power pattern clashes and plastique fantastique fashion, Melbourne designer Mel Ogier brings yachting life to the city streets. Run To Paradise is lovingly designed and made in Melbourne.
A Zoom link will be shared upon registration.
This workshop is part of the 2020 Global Learning Festival. All welcome.
To create your own bag tag, you will need:
- A printed copy of the pattern (this will be sent to you prior to workshop)
- A pair of scissors
- A ruler at least 20cm
- A grey lead pencil and a medium permanent marker
- An A5 or A4 sheet of clear plastic film (think display folder, wallet photos etc)
- A single hole punch, or leather hole punch
- Large blanket stitch needle
- Travel postcards or photograph prints (for the tag), and/or a cutting of tropical fabric
- Cardboard from a cereal or tissue box
- Rafia thread or fancy florist twine
- A craft blade or utility (stanley) knife
EVENT REGISTRATION HERE
RSVP to the Facebook event HERE.
Run To Paradise
EVENT DELIVERY PLATFORM